Quality Management Documentation
Getting BS EN ISO 9001 is not a difficult task for a fabricator
with good control systems but it demands freedom from the daily
demands of a job. The major difficulty for most fabricators is the
writing of the Quality Manual and Quality Procedures to meet the
requirements of BS EN ISO 9001. Tangram Technology are experienced in
the preparation of these documents and have prepared many in the
past. This allows us to prepare fabricator specific manuals quickly
and effectively for individual fabricators and to offer a very low
We offer a FIXED price service for the preparation of a basic
quality manual and associated procedures to meet BS EN ISO 9001.
Tangram Technology works with you until your documentation is ready
The service costs only £4500 + VAT for a fabricator
employing 5 to 50 people and consists of:
- A review of the current quality systems to see how well they
fit the requirements of the standard.
- The preparation of draft Quality Manuals and Procedures.
- Reviews with the fabricator to ensure that these reflect what
- Advice on modification and improvement of systems and
associated documentation to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Computer based transfer of all documentation to the
fabricator's computer system. All documentation is provided in
both hard copy and on virus checked computer disc to an agreed and
compatible format suitable for maintenance in the future by the
- Guidance on the costs and application methods for BS EN ISO 9001 accreditation.
Tangram Technology does not provide the following in the fixed
- Production of forms - fabricators normally have these and it
is preferable to use or adapt those that exist already. We will
provide advice on the preparation of forms and examples of
suitable forms but the development of these is the responsibility
of the fabricator.
- Implementation assistance - this service is limited to the
production of the manual and advice on good practice.
Implementation assistance is not part of this service.
- System monitoring - is a part of the Management Review process
required by BS EN ISO 9001 and is not undertaken by Tangram.
- Costs - the fixed price scheme does not include any of the
costs associated with the application for third party
- Kitemark assistance - the achievement of the Kitemark to BS
7412 requires that your systems supplier be Kitemarked to BS 7413
and also requires the testing of windows from your production
line. Tangram Technology does not provide assistance in this work
as part of the fixed price contract but additional services can
- Travel costs and expenses - these are chargeable at standard
rates or as incurred.
This is a unique opportunity to fix the costs for BS EN ISO 9001
documentation and to have complete control over what you get for your
money. The marketing advantages of certification alone should repay
your investment. Cost reductions are also possible from decreases in
rejects, call-backs and scrap. Improvements in quality, productivity
and output have been found as a result on BS EN ISO 9001.
An initial visit to discuss the process and give an initial
consultation is the first step in the process. The initial visit will
provide you with full information on what you need to do, how long it
will take and any other information that you need.
Contact Tangram for further information.