Tangram Technology is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company shall ensure that no applicant or employee will be discriminated against on the grounds of their sex, marital status or ethnic origin during the course of their daily work.
Tangram Technology is committed to providing equal access to training and promotion opportunities within the company regardless of sex, religion or race.
Tangram Technology is committed to giving full, fair and sympathetic consideration to the engagement of any suitable disabled person, except insofar as the physical requirements of the job make it unsafe to do so.
It is the policy of Tangram Technology to recruit and hire persons for employment in all jobs without discrimination because of race, colour, religion or sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, handicap not related to job performance, or because the individual has a disability. It is also the policy of Tangram Technology to provide a work environment which is free from any form of harassment.
All personnel employed by the company shall be afforded the opportunity to advance to positions of greater responsibility and authority based upon their skills and ability to perform the work required. Opportunities for education, training, promotion, transfer of any other benefit of employment shall not be abridged because of race, colour, religion or sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, handicap not related to job performance, or because the individual has a disability.
The policy will conform with the Code of Practice as issued by the Commission for Racial Equality, Equal Opportunities Commission for Elimination of Discrimination, the Employment Service Code of Good Practice on the Employment of Disabled People, and any future Codes referring to employment.
The policy will ensure that there are no divisions of labour or responsibility based on grounds of an employee’s sex or racial origin other than where sex or racial origin is a genuine occupational qualification.
Tangram Technology is committed to a range of practices to ensure the effective implementation and review of this policy on an annual basis.
Contractors working for Tangram Technology will be expected to comply with this Equal Opportunity Policy.
The implementation of this Equal Opportunity Policy is the responsibility of the Managing Director.
Specific programmes will include the following where appropriate:
- Implementation of this policy will be supported by communication to ensure that all employees (including new starters) are aware of their rights and the company’s commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- All employees will operate within the spirit and intention of this policy. Failure to observe this policy may result in disciplinary action.
- The company will communicate with all contacts in ways which fully reflect the spirit and intention of this policy.
- All appropriate external documentation will be supplemented by this Equal Opportunity Policy.
- All selection and development decisions will be based on objective criteria and individual merit.
- Appraisal and training documents will be supplemented by this Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Should any individual employed by the company feel that they have been unfairly treated in connection with this Equal Opportunity Policy they should follow the grievance procedure.
- Should any external candidate feel that they have been unfairly treated in connection with this Equal Opportunity Policy they should contact the Managing Director directly.
- Tangram Technology intends to ensure that sexual or racial harassment does not take place.